Electronic eavesdropping detection, or technical surveillance countermeasures (TSCM), is the Murray Associates specialty. Since our inception in 1978 we have operated as an independent counterespionage consulting firm serving businesses, government agencies, and at-risk individuals. Our focus is assuring your environment is free from electronic surveillance, and your information stays secure.
Murray Associates—A Uniquely Different TSCM Consultancy
• One specialty… Provide clients with privacy and information security.
• Independent security recommendations… Vendor commissions or favors not accepted.
• No up-selling… Your concerns are solved with knowledge and technical skills, not with extra add-on detection gadgets.
• A strict Operating Policy… It has defined us since 1978.
• Ethical practices… We are a signatory to the IAPSC Code of Ethics.
MEET YOUR TSCM TEAM
Several team members have:
(with court approval)
installed electronic bugs & covert video surveillance;
maintained and monitored these installations;
conducted TSCM bug sweeps for government officials;
and have testified in court as expert witnesses.
Kevin D. Murray, CPP, CISM, CFE, CDPSE, MPSC — Director
Founded Murray Associates in 1978. Formerly, NJ Investigations Director, and International Director of Electronic Countermeasures, with Pinkerton’s Inc. Specialist in electronic eavesdropping detection, TSCM enterprise program management, and information security. His curriculum vitae is available for review.
Andrew M. Tripp — Senior Technical Consultant
University of Manchester (UK)
BS – Physics
Former Hewlett-Packard tech.
Individually trained by Glenn Whidden (retired CIA) and REI.
Passed U.S. Secret level security background check.
• ASIS – Certified Protection Professional (CPP)
• ISACA – Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
• CompTIA – Security+
• Certified Information Systems Professional (CISSP)
• BK Forensics – Mobile Phone Seizure Certification (MPSC)
Leonard D. Hoffman — Technical Operations Manager
William Patterson University
BS – Criminal Justice
New Jersey State Police (retired)
– Electronic Surveillance Bureau
Passed U.S. Secret level security background check.
• Information Security Associates (ISA) Training certification in conducting Technical Surveillance Countermeasures (ISA).
• Pennsylvania State Police (PSP) Training certification, Class B in Wiretapping & Electronics Surveillance (Course restricted to law enforcement only).
• Technical Surveillance Specialist (TSS) certification (Course restricted to law enforcement only).
• Video Surveillance Specialist (TSS) certification (Course restricted to law enforcement only).
• Video Surveillance Operations Middle Atlantic Great Lakes Organized Crime Law Enforcement Network (MAGLOCLEN) certification (Course restricted to law enforcement only).
Richard N. Jubak, Jr. — Technical Security Consultant
Rowan College of NJ
BA – Law / Criminal Justice
County Prosecutor’s Office Detective (retired) – Technical Assistance Response Unit
• National Intelligence Agency – Telephone Intercepts
• National White Collar Crime Center – Basic Date/Recovery and Analysis
• Department of Homeland Security – Surveillance Training Course
• National Technical Investigator’s Association – Construction of Covert Surveillance Devices
• National Technical Investigator’s Association – Electronics and Digital Imaging and Video Technology
Steven R. Zucchi — Technical Security Consultant
Cygnus Hawk TSCM & Physical Security Consulting (owner)
Amtrak Police Department
Fort Monmouth Police Department
Countertech Inc. (TSCM technician)
• Basic training at Coast Guard Training Center, Cape May, NJ.
• Police academy at Ocean County Police Academy, NJ. (Class Leader)
• Proficient in enforcing state and federal laws concerning Maritime Law enforcement.
• Assigned to the Guarding Liberty Task Force Following the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001.
• Assigned to the Operation Noble Eagle Security One Task
• September 11, 2001 medal.
• Performed in joint operations with state, federal, and international agencies and military.
• NATO Summit, Chicago, Illinois.
• Explosive Detection Super Bowl 47, New Orleans, Louisiana.
• Explosive Detection Super Bowl 48, East Rutherford, New Jersey.
• 2015 Papal visit NYC.
• Explosive Detection Super Bowl 50, Santa Clara, California.
From bugs in your boardroom to digital information loss, trade secret theft, and other types of corporate espionage (both on and off site), today’s security threats are increasingly prevalent and harder to detect. We can mitigate all these risks for you ensuring your organization maintains its competitive advantage and remains profitable.
With today’s advanced technology, it takes experienced specialists with extensive electronic eavesdropping detection training and certifications, combined with a proven record of successes to assess threats and solve your information security and privacy concerns.
TSCM and information security is the only thing we do. We are really good at electronic eavesdropping detection, and preventing future information losses.
We can help you too.
“I have never been more satisfied with a contractor than I am with Murray Associates. They are very professional.”Corp. VP SecurityAgricultural Processor
“Loved the whole approach and low-key attitude conveyed during the evaluation. This went far with explaining things to ‘the boss,’ who was on-hand during the review. The quality of the report is excellent and I love all the references. Great job and keep up the good work.”Information Services ManagerCommunications Tech Corporation
“As usual, it was great working with Murray Associates. While always exceeding expectations, they went above and beyond this time helping us de-bug an AV problem. This team is second to none.”Managing DirectorUS Financial Institution
“We use Murray and Associates exclusively to monitor our high value assets. We are a high profile insurance and investment company requiring great security. They have always done an excellent job. They are prompt and excellent at their craft.”Aviation Security DirectorGoogle+ review
“I met Kevin almost 30 years ago when one of our clients was in need of a TSCM inspection... Other competitors that I interviewed were vague when describing their services... Kevin was extremely forthcoming... On this first assignment I was convinced I had made the right choice and my client agreed. I recommend Kevin and Murray Associates to my clients. He is a recognized expert and the consummate professional.”Licensed Private InvestigatorGoogle+ review
Have a Question About TSCM?
If you have any questions about the TSCM services provided by Murray Associates, simply fill out the form below, or call us from a safe area and phone.
If you think you are under active electronic surveillance, or believe you have discovered a bug or covert video camera, go to our Emergency TSCM page. The procedural checklist there will tell you exactly what you need to do next.